FutureVets AbroadCosta Rica: August 4th - August 17th, 2024
Students are required to submit the following items before December 31st, 2023:
- Enrollment Packet
- General Information Form
- Medical History Form
- Required Document Form #1: Passport
Students are required to submit the following items before March 31st, 2024:
- Required Document Form #2: Immunization Record and Health Insurance Card
Students are required to submit the following items before May 31st, 2024:
- Required Document Form #3: Proof of Typhoid and Rabies Immunization
- Travel Information Form
Failure to turn in the required forms by their deadlines may result in enrollment cancellation.
Required Document Form #1: Passport
We need your passport information in order to attain your ticket for your international flight to Costa Rica. The details from your passport ID page are provided to the airline and are required in order for you to be ticketed for our international flight. Please ensure that the photo you upload meets the following standards:
- Shows your passport as being valid for at least 6 months beyond our departure date from Costa Rica: February 17, 2025
- All of the details on your passport must be clearly legible and free from obstructions (fingers, light glares, shadows, etc…)
- All four corners of your passport ID page must be within the frame of the photo
- Your passport must be lying flat on a neutral surface
- NOTE: Scanned copies of your passport must be in color
When ready, please use the link below to send us a copy of your passport ID page:
Required Document Form #2: Immunization Record and Health Insurance Card
Students are required to upload a copy of their complete immunization record and health insurance card in order to participate in rotations. Please review specific information regarding the immunization requirements for the program within the “Immunizations” tab of the Student Handbook.
When ready, please use the link below to send us your immunization record and health insurance card:
Required Document Form #3: Proof of Typhoid and Rabies Vaccine
You are required to be vaccinated against Typhoid and Rabies to participate on clinical rotations with FutureVets Abroad. Accepted forms of proof include an International Certificate of Vaccination against Typhoid (intramuscular injection) or a copy of your prescription for the orally administered Typhoid vaccine. NOTE: If Typhoid is listed on your immunization record, you do not need to submit an additional form of proof.
We only accept records from a physician that shows you have received both doses of the Rabies vaccine as forms of proof. Your record must clearly list your full name, date of birth, and dates of administration. We highly encourage families to get this taken care of as soon as possible, since this vaccine requires multiple appointments.
When ready, please use the link below to provide us proof of Typhoid and Rabies vaccination:
The domestic travel information form will become accessible on January 1st, 2024. Check back soon!