FutureDocs AbroadDar Es Salaam, Tanzania: July 20th - August 4th, 2024
Students are required to submit the following items before December 31st, 2023:
- Enrollment Packet
- General Information Form
- Medical History Form
- Required Document Form #1: Passport and Headshot
Students are required to submit the following items before March 31st, 2024:
- Required Document Form #2: Immunization Record and Health Insurance Card
Students are required to submit the following items before May 31st, 2024:
- Required Document Form #3: Proof of Typhoid and Malaria Immunization
- Travel Information Form
Failure to turn in the required forms by their deadlines may result in enrollment cancellation.
Required Document Form #1: Passport and Headshot
We need your passport information in order to attain your ticket for your international flight and your visa to enter Tanzania. The photo copy of your passport ID page is provided to the Tanzanian Immigration Department and must meet the following requirements in order for your visa to be granted:
- Shows your passport as being valid for at least 6 months beyond our departure date from Tanzania: February 4th, 2025
- All of the details on your passport must be clearly legible and free from obstructions (fingers, light glares, shadows, etc…)
- All four corners of your passport ID page must be within the frame of the photo
- Your passport must be lying flat on a neutral surface
- NOTE: Scanned copies of your passport must be in color
In addition to your passport ID page, we must provide the Tanzanian Immigration Department an original headshot to validate your identity as part of your visa application. Please note that a copy of your passport photo will not be accepted as validation of your identity. Your headshot must follow the same basic principles:
- You must be in front of a neutral background
- You must be facing directly at the camera with a neutral expression on your face
- Your face must be clearly visible (free from hair, no hats, no glasses, etc…)
When ready, please use the link below to send us your passport and headshot photo:
Required Document Form #2: Immunization Record and Health Insurance Card
Students are required to upload a copy of their complete immunization record and health insurance card in order to participate in rotations. Please review specific information regarding the immunization requirements for the program within the “Immunizations” tab of the Student Handbook.
When ready, please use the link below to send us your immunization record and health insurance card:
Required Document Form #3: Proof of Typhoid and Malaria Immunizations
Our partners at Shree Hindu Mandal Hospital have requested that students submit proof of immunization against Typhoid and Malaria in order to attend rotations within their clinical facilities. Accepted forms of proof for Typhoid include an International Certificate of Vaccination (intramuscular injection) or a copy of the prescription for the orally administered vaccine. NOTE: If Typhoid is listed on your immunization record, you do not need to submit an additional form of proof.
We only accept copies of an antimalarial drug prescription as a valid form of proof. Please ensure that your document has your full name, date of birth, and prescribing physicians name clearly legible. We encourage you to reference the “Immunizations” tab within the Student Handbook for additional information and resources on how to get started.
When ready, please use the link below to provide us proof of Typhoid and Malaria vaccination:
The domestic travel information form will become accessible on January 1st, 2024. Check back soon!